Cod has a mild flavor and flaky white flesh.
: Serves 2
- 8 ounces cod
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded kohlrabi
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 4 large cloves) or to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 large grapefruit cut into segments (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium orange cut into segments (about 1/2 cup)
- Black pepper to taste
Spray a grill or broiler pan with cooking spray. Turn on grill or heat broiler. Place cod on grill or broiler pan and brush lightly with oil.
Grill or broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes — or until fish flakes easily with a fork. The fish should reach an internal temperature of 145 F. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients except for grapefruit and orange segments. Divide salad between two plates. Top with cod and citrus pieces and black pepper to taste.